new for May 2013?
As is always the case, we've
been busy adding plenty of new features to Microwaves101. We ain't
been slack, Cap'n Walker!
Coming to the IMS2013 symposium in June? Be sure to stop by the EverythingRF/Microwaves101 booth 1526. Meet the staff and sign up for a chance to win an iPAD! Also, go to the Historic Exhibit and check out the frequency meter that the Unknown Editor is donating to the IEEE museum! Is it generosity, or some type of tax dodge like Apple is pulling off? Is that why the FBI has been talking to him?
Now on to the new stuff:
- A cascaded coupler example has been added. This is a way to expand the bandwidth of a coupled-line coupler, but it comes with the frustration of trying to realize extremely high impedance when you are looking for 3 dB coupling.
- Squib and Lab Queen have been added to our slang dictionary. Come over to the Booth 1526 and we'll squib Quatro Equis, por favor!
- A Career Figure of Merit has been added to our career killers page. Unless the FOM is positive (in decibels), don't get involved!
- Alfred Loomis' house in Tuxedo Junction is for sale. Loomis is the only member of the Microwave Hall of Fame who answers to the title "tycoon". If anyone has a spare $1.8M, we'd like you to buy his house and convert it to a museum. Or use it as a "sweet house" for private Microwaves101 parties, so long as no one tries to add sub-woofers to the radar/diaper van. Speaking of Loomis, we now are in possession of his nephew's long-lost book, Brain Waves and Death, which we'll review one of these days! Good luck trying to buy a copy for less than $500....
- Someone is looking for information on Warnecke of Des Plaines, Illinois, on our Where-are-They-Now page. They were involved in crossed-field amplifiers, among other things. If you have any info, please pass it along.
- We added University of Perideniya, a college in Sri Lanka, to our college page. Bravo to Dr. G for educating future microwave engineers in a developing nation!
- The Unknown Editor has attempted to provide some insight on Engineering Spectrum Disorder, and told us some formerly secret ways to bother him. Take the autism test and compare yourself to UE; send us the results and we'll publish some statistics on microwave engineers. Or at least on the engineers who send us results.
- There are plenty of new data
sheets posted on our partner site, EverythingRF.com.
Need a specific amplifier? Use the search tool to quickly narrow
down your options.
We've got some new questions--and
answers--on our Microwave
Message Board. We have hundreds of topics posted on various
microwave engineering subjects, with many more replies; our message
board is an industry resource. Post your own questions, or help
us answer some of the ones that are already posted. Some of the
posted material may eventually get captured in our encyclopedia,
so do your part for posterity! We'll remove any postings that we
Attention forward thinking microwave
marketeers: check out information on advertising with us. Sponsorship
information is but a click away... come and share the magic
of 15,000 page views per weekday. Hey that rhymes! Join our best
friends in the Virtual Lobby!
As always, we want you to sign up for the MW101Stuff
newsletter, or submit a photo for our Microwave
Mortuary. We'd love to hear from you, whether you have nice
things to say about Microwaves101.com or just want to tell us how
we've ruined your life!